HOW CAN I TAKE CLASSES?
There are four avenues that can be used to take classes.
1. Online classes** – These are available throughout a calendar year. We usually have 3 different online classes that run throughout a year – spring, summer, and fall. These all have a start date and finish date to help with scheduling.
- The online classes can be completed in a couple of ways. We have them available through an internet connection, or they can be purchased in DVD or jumpdrive format. This second option makes the classes available “on demand” without an internet connection (which sometimes create problems). The cost for the set of classes on DVD is $50 or $25 for a jump drive of all the classes.
- Members of Fairhaven Baptist Church who desire to get a certificate in Bible will be exempt from taking modules. Their certificate can be taken completely online.
2. Module classes – These are available throughout a calendar year. We normally offer between 2-3 modules every year. The modules cannot be livestreamed or taken after the module is done. Many of the modules will be recorded and be available online or DVD format in later years.
3. Institute Transfer – This is available on a limited basis. The institute classes must be approved ahead of time and either one of the seminary staff or one of the adjunct professors will assist in making sure that there are enough academic requirements for acceptance. Understand that some of the core classes will not be accepted in an institute setting.
4. On-campus – A student can take classes integrated with the undergraduate programs on the campus of Fairhaven Baptist College. The professors will modify the class requirements to be appropriate for the seminary degree.
** Only 50% of the degree can be in an online/distant format.